U.S. drops 'Mother Of All Bombs' on ISIS: America's most massive non-nuclear weapon is used for first time in combat on caves in Afghanistan
- U.S. dropped its largest non-nuclear weapon after targeting ISIS in Afghanistan
- The GBU-43 bomb weighs 21,600 pounds, is 30 feet long, contains 11 tons of explosives and carries a mile-wide blast radius
- It can create a blast crater more than 300 meters wide after being dropped from a Hercules MC-130 cargo plane
- Trump pledged in 2015 that if he became president he would 'bomb the s**t out of ' ISIS
- On Thursday he called the bombing 'another successful job' and said he had delegated strike authority to his military commanders
- Pentagon denies that it was revenge for the death on Saturday of a Green Beret soldier in the same region of Pakistan
The United States has dropped its largest non-nuclear weapon after it targeted ISIS a network of caves and tunnels in eastern Afghanistan.
U.S. forces used a GPS-guided GBU-43 bomb, which is 30 feet long and weighs a staggering 21,600 pounds.
It is known as the 'Mother Of All Bombs' – a play on 'MOAB,' an acronym that stands for 'Massive Ordnance Air Burst.'
A crater left by the blast is believed to be more than 300 meters wide after it exploded six feet above the ground. Anyone at the blast site was vaporized.
President Donald Trump told reporters at the White House that he was 'very, very proud' and called the operation 'really another successful job. We're very, very proud of our military.'
The Pentagon is denying that the attack was a revenge strike despite the fact that it came in the same area of Afghanistan where a Green Beret soldier was killed on Saturday.
Staff Sgt. Mark De Alencar, of 7th Special Forces Group, was cut down by enemy small arms fire while his unit was conducting counter-ISIS operations.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4409772/US-drops-biggest-non-nuclear-bomb-combat-time.html#ixzz4e9wfeoif
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
MOAB - BOMB RADIUS DAMAGE
* Up to 1,000 yards: Obliterates everything.
* Up to 1 mile: Knocks people, tents, light buildings, cars and jeeps over within 1-mile radius.
* Up to 1.7 miles: shock wave kills people, causes severe damage to buildings, equipment, blows trucks, tanks off road.
* Up to 2 miles: causes deafness.
* Up to 5 miles: shakes ground, breaks windows.
* Up to 30 miles: 10,000 foot high mushroom cloud visible.
[Source The Lexington Institute and Globalsecurity.org]
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Humanity, Knowledge, Religion, Culture, Tolerance, Peace
Books, Articles, Blogs, Magazines, Videos, Social Media
Join Millions of visitors: لاکھوں وزٹرز میں شامل ہوں